Western Civilisation was and is superior to anything Islam has developed. Islam has not aided in the development of the modern world; in fact civilisation has only been created in spite of Islam. Raising the alarm about the fascism called Submission since 2000.
As usual nothing here about free-will, tolerance, love, respect, mental health, ethics, morality.........Reading the Koran is an exercise in self-hatred. Not only is it poorly written and full of gibberish, the individual, the human, the joy of living does not exist in the Koran. Nakedly supremacist and racist, Koranic injunctions espouse the opposite of free-will. The 'Repentance' Sura is yet another example of an ideology which denies the freedom of the individual and of the spirit.
To prove this fact and have some fun, you can count the number of verses which fall into these 4 categories: Jew-hating; Fighting or Killing Unbelievers; Obey Allah; and Obeying Mohammed. Over 90% of all verses fall into these 4 categories – none of which exalt the individual, the mind or the spiritual of course.
To be exact of the 129 verses in the Sura, 119 are concerned with the 4 main themes of the Koran – obey Allah, follow his Messenger, hate the Jews, and fight and conquer unbelievers – including disbelieving Arabs [the first such mention of non-believing Bedouins]. The other 10 or so verses deal with charity, breaking contracts with pagans and repenting to Allah – no Golden Rule here of course.
Interestingly there are a large number of verses against the 'desert Arabs' who rejected the original message of Islam. Many of the passages are violent detailing the mendacity of these desert Arabs and marking them as worse than Jews. It is clear that Muslims have a duty to fight and kill these unrepentant pagans:
3. And an announcement from Allah and His Messenger, to the people (assembled) on the day of the Great Pilgrimmage, - that Allah and his Messenger dissolve (treaty) obligations with the Pagans.
97. The Arabs of the desert are the worse in unbelief and hypocrisy, and most fitted to be in ignorance of the command which Allah has sent down to His Messenger;
101. Certain of the desert Arabs round about you are Hypocrites...you do not know them: We know them: twice shall We punish them: and in addition they shall be sent to a grievous Penalty.
98. Some of the desert Arabs look upon their payments as a fine, and watch for disasters for you: on them will be the disaster of Evil:
5. then fight and slay the Pagans wherever you find them...
Much of Sura 9 was written in the early days of the Mohammedan cult. Mohammed and his robber brigands had conquered Medina and Mecca – but not much else by 625 A.D. Some tribes in the vicinity of Mecca must have had treaties with the Muslims in which they paid a ransom or a set of fees, in order to be left alone and not have their caravans and trade routes disrupted. Obviously Mohammed had other ideas – hence the Allah revelation that all contracts with the Pagans during the Hajj or Pilgrimmage were now null and void, and that desert Arabs who did not submit would be punished.
Apparently, not only Jews and Christians were reluctant to join the original Mohammed cult. But the authors of the Koran don't leave their main themes alone for long. Suffused throughout the badly written chapter is the litany of the usual.
[Note: This sura is taken from 'The Holy Quran', translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali, reprinted in 1995, Goodword Books. Regarded as one of the best translations from Arabic to English of the Koran.]
55. Let not their wealth nor their (following in) sons dazzle you: in reality Allah's Plan is to punish them with these things in this life, and that their souls may perish in their very denial of Allah.
57. If they could find a place to flee to, or caves, to a place of concealment, they would turn straightway thereto, with an obstinate rush.
63. Do they no know that for those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, is the Fire of Hell ? Wherein they shall dwell.
I don't remember reading in the New Testament that Arabs who did not covert to Christianity would be pursued, punished, and sentenced by some divine power to 'Hell'. But then again maybe I have the wrong translation of the Christian bible.
Kill or fight those who don't follow Islam
Not just the Jews, but anyone who does not submit to Islam must either be killed, converted, or forced into social and economic subjugation – including desert Arabs who did not accept the Mohammed cult.
14. Fight them, and Allah will punish them by your hands,
25. Assuredly Allah did help you in many battle-fields and on the day of Hunain: behold! ...
26. But Allah poured his calm on the Messenger and on the Believers, and sent down forces you did not see: he punished the Unbelievers: thus does He reward those without Faith.
29. Fight those who do not believe in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger.....until they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued.
This is pretty clear. Conquer and make the Unbelievers pay a tax. If non-Muslims don't willingly submit to Muslim domination than war and oppression are justified. But wait – that is not enough – Muslims have a DUTY to fight those who are not Muslim:
39. Unless you go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place
41. You go forth....and strive and struggle, with your goods and
44. Those who believe in Allah and the Last Day ask you for no exemption from fighting with their goods and persons.
This duty to fight the non-believers is to please the all-powerful Allah. Since non-one knows what this Allah is, it is only right that you should fear and obey him. The masculine Arab deity does not suffer disloyalty easily.
51. Say: “Nothing will happen to us except what Allah has decreed for us: He is our Protector”:
68. Allah has promised the Hypocrites men and women, and the rejecters, of Faith, the fire of Hell: therein shall they dwell: sufficient is it for them: for them is the curse of Allah, and an enduring punishment.
72. Allah has promised to Believers, men and women, Gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein, and beautiful mansions in Gardens of everlasting bliss. [this line is repeated in Sura 89]
106. There are (yet) others, held in suspense for the command of Allah, whether He will punish them, or turn in mercy to them: and Allah is All-Knowing, Wise.
119. O you who believe ! Fear Allah....
These phrases and variations thereof are oft-repeated. Make the almighty Allah upset and Hell is your destiny. Acquiesce and obey and a rich after-life in sumptuous surroundings is your reward. This includes of course fighting to expand Islam and obeying the great Messenger of Allah.
40. If you help not (your Leader), (it is no matter): for Allah did indeed help him, when the Unbelievers drove him out: he had no more than one companion: they two were in the Cave,
It is not a surprise that a pre-modern barbarian like Mohammed was confined at one time to a cave. Even the ancient Arabs knew a charlatan and a madman when they saw one.
117. Allah turned with favor to the Prophet, the Muhaijirs, and the Ansar, - who followed him in a time of distress....
128. Now has come to you a Messenger from amongst yourselves; it grieves him that you should perish: he is ardently anxious over you: to the Believers he is most kind and merciful.
So the great Mohammed is tearful over the losses of Muslims lost in battle, but according to Allah, he is a kind, gentle man who wishes only the best for the 'believers'. Mohammed is describing in the third person of Allah, his own virtues [is this not a sign of madness?].
And this is but a partial compendium of intolerance and cult submission. Yet this book is considered 'holy' ? By whom exactly ? Why ? What personality-type reads and believes such nonsense ?
This Sura supports the fact that the Koran is a badly written document. Repetitive, supremacist, illogical, violent and at times unreadable, it is akin in organisation and logic to the superior writings of Marx, Stalin, or Mein Kampf. At least modern fascists were literate and capable with a pen. The Koran is simply a pagan Arab document outlining an imperialist venture, using some idea of divine cultish power as a spiritual crutch and justification. It is not holy. It is against the individual. It is openly racist and supremacist. And this document is the basis of a 'religion' ?
Sura 9 is just like the previous 8 Sura's – fascistic nonsense.